Sunday, October 12, 2008

Some Cycling Updates...

So I know it's been a little while since I've blogged but life has been busy for sure. Since it's been a bit, I wanted to put up some good reads and huge congrats to some...

HUGE belated CONGRATS!!! to Daniel Holloway! I started following him earlier this year and had a chance to meet him at Elk Grove. Then got to see him again at Downer's and at the Tour of Missouri. He recently had a pretty awesome time on the track and rode to a few medals. Huge congrats to one of our great younger talents and newer rider for Garmin. He's very friendly and very talented! I hope you check out his site and if you get a race - cheer him on! Both the Garmin site and Lyne's Podium In Sight site had write ups so I hope you check them out. Back at Elk Grove, I had told John that Daniel was one to keep an eye on for great things and he most certainly has made it look like I had a clue as to what I was talking about. Huge thanks and even bigger congrats Daniel! Way to go!!!

In Cross news, since I'm new to following this year - huge thanks to Drew and Jeremy - check out Jeremy's new diary at VeloNews - Crackin' a curse and kickin' it with Clinton. Jeremy had a pretty good weekend as well - (VeloNews) Powers and Compton win in Cincinnati and Compton and Powers win in Ohio. And for those of us that like pictures - (CycleCross magazine) Powers and Compton Repeat in Ohio. Great racing Jeremy!!!

The Garmin guys have also been doing well over in Europe. Make sure to check out the team site and read up. For many, the season is pretty much done but for guys like DZ, Meatball, Euser, and Farrar (to name just a few) there are still races to be done. I have to admit that Facebook has been pretty fun to follow riders and friends but I must say, I hope it doesn't keep the guys from writing diaries and updating their blogs. Most of those are directly from them from their views and are great for some laughs from time to time.

You know I love reading stuff from Michael Barry. This is from last week but I'd hate for you to miss reading from him - Attacks, crashes and goodbye kisses. And before that diary, Will had a diary as well - Sometimes off the bike can be more tiring than riding...

And of course, I have to mention the GREAT job that Maggie is doing on Christian's Fan Club site. I'm trying help with links to older results and the many diaries that he's written over the years but my help is nothing to the work that she has put into it. Being the long time fan that I am of C's, it's a pretty awesome site to have out there. I'm thrilled she's letting me be a part of it! Make sure to check it often for updates, great photos, and entries!

No comments: