Tuesday, March 18, 2008

LiveStrong Message

Just checked my messages and I can say I rec'd a pretty cool one today. It was from Lance Armstrong - calling my house and leaving me a message. Yep, you know the one, the 7-time Tour de France winner. Now it wasn't a, "Hi Nic, how are you doing? It's me Lance. Thanks for supporting, me, C, and George over the years," kind of message but I still think it was pretty cool and carries a huge and important message.

I've been a member of the LiveStrong Army for long while now and I still wear my yellow band on my wrist everyday. Last fall in one of my donations, I ordered some more and gave one to each in the group I work with. It's something I believe in and regardless of what you think of Lance as a cyclist, he's doing a pretty amazing thing in the fight we are all sadly touched with at some point in our lives.

The message was encourging LiveStrong events coming up. I enjoy volunteering and the message has certainly got me out looking to see what's going on in my area. So now it's like - "Thanks Lance, I got your message, sorry (really sorry) I missed the call but I got the message."

Note... yes I do realize it was a recorded call, but it was still cool. Being a fan of cycling and the teams and riders C has been with over the years, it just kind of tickled me pink a bit. :-)

No comments: