Thursday, May 22, 2008

2008 Catalunya - Stage 4

George was 6th today! And Slipstream had 3 in the group. Good stuff. I enjoy reading up on how the guys are doing. I've asked when Mel is due but only know it's sooner than later. Of course that stuff is always good to read and usually brings more smiles than race wins. It's always good to remember these guys are real people and have lives off the bikes.

Tomorrow at work is going to be interesting. It's a Friday and one before a holiday weekend. I get a call asking how my day is looking and I'm thinking pretty awesome. No one is going to be around. I can catch some cycling, I can get over to the gym. Skip lunch and head out early. Then I get a meeting notice from this call. A 4(!!!) hour meeting from 10-2. WTF?!? I died. So some reshuffling was done tonight. Cycling will be on the back burner, the gym isn't looking likely unless I can talk to the girls and we go much earlier than normal, I'm going to be heading in super early to wrap up stuff I thought I had hours to play with. The only thing that stays is Manager (who kicked me out early today which was sweet but ended up being more like a normal time for most) told me to make sure I head out at time chatted about. So much for a free and easy day. Oh well.

Stage 3 - May 22: La Seu d'Urgell - Ascó La Vostra Energia, 217.2km
Results
1 Pierrick Fédrigo (Fra) Bouygues Telecom 5.06.01 (42.586 km/h)
6 George Hincapie (USA) Team High Road 0.11
34 Craig Lewis (USA) Team High Road
41 Christophe Laurent (Fra) Slipstream Chipotle P/b H30
42 Michael Barry (Can) Team High Road
51 Thomas Danielson (USA) Slipstream Chipotle P/b H30
53 Daniel Martin (Irl) Slipstream Chipotle P/b H30
69 Blake Caldwell (USA) Slipstream Chipotle P/b H30 2.55
73 Thomas Peterson (USA) Slipstream Chipotle P/b H30 6.00
101 Chris Horner (USA) Astana 10.25
103 Lucas Euser (USA) Slipstream Chipotle P/b H30
124 Trent Lowe (Aus) Slipstream Chipotle P/b H30 14.56
153 Fabian Cancellara (Swi) Team CSC
General classification after stage 3
1 Rémi Pauriol (Fra) Crédit Agricole 14.29.33
24 George Hincapie (USA) Team High Road 1.40
28 Daniel Martin (Irl) Slipstream Chipotle P/b H30 1.51
57 Chris Horner (USA) Astana 10.54
65 Lucas Euser (USA) Slipstream Chipotle P/b H30 13.17
66 Christophe Laurent (Fra) Slipstream Chipotle P/b H30 13.30
77 Blake Caldwell (USA) Slipstream Chipotle P/b H30 17.05
91 Thomas Peterson (USA) Slipstream Chipotle P/b H30 23.57
96 Thomas Danielson (USA) Slipstream Chipotle P/b H30 24.43
97 Michael Barry (Can) Team High Road 24.47
99 Craig Lewis (USA) Team High Road 24.50
110 Trent Lowe (Aus) Slipstream Chipotle P/b H30 28.38
144 Fabian Cancellara (Swi) Team CSC 39.50

Slipstream: Staying in the hunt
TeamCSC: Status Quo in Volta a Catalunya
Astana: Navarro Rides Strong
BikeRadar: Pierrick Fedrigo wins; lead changes


Reading through some other stuff tonight. Make sure to check out Lyne's site - Podium In Sight. Also make sure to check PodiumCafe out where Lyne's posted for us some awesome pics of Mt.Hood. Here's the TT too.
Also, I'm not sure why pics of riders on little kids bikes crack me up, but they just do. Adam Mills has some good shots and some notes on the Tour of Arkansas.

No comments: