Friday, May 9, 2008

2008 Dunkirk - Stage 4

Hearing that Will crashed and is out (and hit his knee again) is not fun news to come home to this evening. Poop! I hope it's okay and that he just needs some time for it to heal up. I hate hearing about crashes. I'm not sure I'll ever understand why anyone would "want" to see them. Having grown up in a Nascar loving family (big fans of Alan Kulwicki and Davey Allison back in the good ol' days) I somewhat understood crashes there, being that they were in big metal cars so generally there wasn't big worries on driver injury, but on a bike - seriously - it's a man, a bike, lycra, and pavement. Way too many things can go badly. I love the sport but HATE crashes. Heal up Mr. Will!!!

My HTFU bracelet was pointed out today at work in a meeting. Oops. I wear it everyday just as I do my LiveStrong one. Usually it's tucked nicely under the yellow one at work so it's never an issue. After long meetings today it was noticed and got more questions than it got me trouble but now I'll need to make extra sure it's under or flipped a bit better. I thought about taking it off during the week and leaving it at home but then again, nah. It's a good reminder to bite ones tongue at times and to keep on keeping on. It has meant a few different things and when I say HTFU, I rarely ever mean it in a negative way but as a reminder to suck it up, heal up, and let's keep going. Funny how Stuey put that all front and center.


Stage 4 - May 9: Wasquehal - Calais, 193 km
Results
1 Pierrick Fédrigo (Fra) Bouygues Telecom 4.24.30 (43.554 km/h)
42 Christophe Laurent (Fra) Slipstream Chipotle P/B H30 1.18
43 Blake Caldwell (USA) Slipstream Chipotle P/B H30
47 Jason Donald (USA) Slipstream Chipotle P/B H30
95 Martijn Maaskant (Ned) Slipstream Chipotle P/B H30 8.32
99 Thomas Danielson (USA) Slipstream Chipotle P/B H30
126 Steven Cozza (USA) Slipstream Chipotle P/B H30 10.49
136 Michael Friedman (USA) Slipstream Chipotle P/B H30
DNF William Frischkorn (USA) Slipstream Chipotle P/B H30
General classification after stage 4
1 Stéphane Augé (Fra) Cofidis - Le Crédit par Téléphone 18.14.39
39 Christophe Laurent (Fra) Slipstream Chipotle P/B H30 3.48
65 Blake Caldwell (USA) Slipstream Chipotle P/B H30 4.01
74 Jason Donald (USA) Slipstream Chipotle P/B H30 5.11
88 Martijn Maaskant (Ned) Slipstream Chipotle P/B H30 11.02
89 Thomas Danielson (USA) Slipstream Chipotle P/B H30
109 Michael Friedman (USA) Slipstream Chipotle P/B H30 13.19
124 Steven Cozza (USA) Slipstream Chipotle P/B H30 13.32

Slipstream_Blake: Wind and hills take their toll

No comments: