Saturday, May 10, 2008

2008 Giro d'Italia - Stage 1 TTT

91st Giro d'Italia - GT
Italy, May 10-June 1, 2008




I am totally tickled PINK!!!! To say today was a great day would be such an understatement but today WAS a GREAT day!!! Slipstream won the TTT and C crossed the line first putting him into the purdy pink Maglia Rosa! Watching this morning was just awesome and nail biting seeing teams like CSC and High Road at the split times. Even Barloworld was giving it hell. I hadn't talked to John since last Friday when he left for Girona and I was losing it. Thank goodness he's back so I can stay caught up! I so hope the CTV link works so he can see C and the team flying across the line!

I for one could not be happier for C and the team. They worked and trained hard for this. ((I am still laughing - Go Cinzano!)) To see it all pay off and to see C put on that jersey just totally rocked. He's so modest about it too but C - that smile said it all and you looked awesome in PINK!!! It was great team work and they certainly gave it all to get it done. Even Millar popped right at the end. If they hadn't won it, I don't think anyone could ever say they didn't give it everything they had. That it all worked and they did do it?!?! Serious argyle kick ass!!! Huge KUDO's guys!!!

I'm not sure what's going to happen tomorrow and other than live text following, there's no video coverage until VS in the afternoon. Very bummed. I think Slipstream's going to be able to hang on to this for at least a few days and I'll be cheering for them everyday and driving John nuts with calls. I'm hoping that C and DZ get the nods for the Olympics too but I am clueless how they sort all of that out. Keep it going guys!!!

Slipstream Chipotle Presented By H30
181 Magnus Backstedt (Swe)
182 Julian Dean (NZl)
183 Ryder Hesjedal (Can)
184 David Millar (GBr)
185 Jonathan Patrick Mc Carty (USA)
186 Danny Pate (USA)
187 Christopher Sutton (Aus)
188 Christian Vande Velde (USA)
189 David Zabriskie (USA)


Live Chatter: CN - DP - and of course my favorite: Podium Cafe

Stage 1 - Saturday, May 10: Palermo (Team Time Trial), 23.6km
Results
1 Slipstream Chipotle p/b H30 26.32 (53.366 km/h)
2 Team CSC 0.06
3 High Road 0.07
7 Astana 0.29
General classification after stage 1
1
Christian Vande Velde (USA) Slipstream Chipotle p/b H30 26.32
2
David Zabriskie (USA) Slipstream Chipotle p/b H30
3 Ryder Hesjedal (Can) Slipstream Chipotle p/b H30
4 Julian Dean (NZl) Slipstream Chipotle p/b H30
5 Magnus Backstedt (Swe) Slipstream Chipotle p/b H30
9 Stuart O'Grady (Aus) Team CSC 0.06
10 Jason McCartney (USA) Team CSC
13 Jens Voigt (Ger) Team CSC
36 David Millar (GBr) Slipstream Chipotle p/b H30 0.19
46 Levi Leipheimer (USA) Astana 0.29
49 Alberto Contador Velasco (Spa) Astana
171 Jonathan Patrick Mc Carty (USA) Slipstream Chipotle p/b H30 2.02
172 Danny Pate (USA) Slipstream Chipotle p/b H30
193 Christopher Sutton (Aus) Slipstream Chipotle p/b H30 4.25

BikingBis: Slipstream wins TTT at Giro; Vande Velde in pink
VeloChimp: It's Giro Time Again! Slipstream TTTs to win
CyclingFansAnonymous: Smokin' hot chipotle!!

Graham Watson - Stage 1 Photos
Slipstream - Giro Gallery
Added:
Here are some awesome pics of Stage 1 I found out on Fickr: PJ's Photo's

2 comments:

Lyne said...

Cool. I got to watch live this morning while 'hanging out' with fun folks at podium cafe. And now I get to watch again on RAI (tivo) while enjoying a beverage.

Nikki said...

I LOVE our group at PC. I don't know that I'd pick anyone else to watch with! I too watched the replay earlier. That was just a sweet race. :-)