Wednesday, April 23, 2008

2008 La Fleche Wallonne

72nd La Flèche Wallonne - 1.HC
Belgium, April 23, 2008


Good but wet race this morning. Started pretty early and of course work is interfering. I've got it on in the background tonight in replay mode - almost done. :-) I'm happy to see teams like High Road getting some wins. Sponsorship is on many teams minds these days and good riders, good coverage, clean racing, and some wins are helping help - at least I certainly hope so. Enjoyable to see Cadel racing well, seems like he's changed a bit this year from last. It would've been interesting to see him and Horner drillin' it in races but such is things. Horner with his smile is always a good guy to keep an eye on.

This morning I had PodiumCafe and CyclingNews on to hop in and read when I could. I laugh (good for the morale) with some typings and I got busted for a laugh at one point. We're all serious trying to polish off stuff. The guys look at me and of course they start harassing me about stalking Brett Favre. I mean really, it's not football season and even in the season I don't follow it that much. I just love my Packers and Brett over most. My accident appearing in the packer news site didn't help my argument back then trying to cut the chatter down. I love the group, but seriously? Football talk - now? It's all about cycling and the fever for good stuff is here. :-)

Watching it looks like Dan Martin and Huub Duyn were doing some serious work today. Break aways and bridging and staying upright is always good. Looked like Millar set up Ryder pretty well but a flat at a prime spot knocked him back a bit. Like in P-R I would love to see less mechanicals and flats and see these guys just hammer it out up with the favored leaders. They've got it and man, keep a good eye on the next couple years as the young'ins develop even more. I for one am really excited about the future of racing. :-)

Michael Barry's Diary - Domestique life

Slipstream Chipotle Presented By H30
221 David Millar (GBr)
222 Jason Donald (USA)
223 Huub Duyn (Ned)
224 Ryder Hesjedal (Can)
225 Christophe Laurent (Fra)
226 Daniel Martin (Irl)
227 Jonathan Patrick Mc Carty (USA)

228 Kilian Patour (Fra)

Slipstream: FW preview: Hesjedal, Millar & Martin top bets

Results
1 Kim Kirchen (Lux) Team High Road 4.35.29 (43.45 km/h)
2 Cadel Evans (Aus) Silence - Lotto 0.01
3 Damiano Cunego (Ita) Lampre 0.02
39 Ryder Hesjedal (Can) Slipstream Chipotle P/B H30 1.34
50 David Millar (GBr) Slipstream Chipotle P/B H30 2.49
76 Andy Schleck (Lux) Team CSC 5.13
78 Frank Schleck (Lux) Team CSC
109 Daniel Martin (Irl) Slipstream Chipotle P/B H30 9.40
111 Michael Barry (Can) Team High Road 9.48


Slipstream: FW Results: Pain & Rain
Ryder Hesjedal: La ill-timed Fleche flat
VN: Kirchen steal Evans' thunder at Fleche Wallonne
PEZ: Fleche'08: Wet, Mur, Kirchen!
CW: Kim Kirchen takes the High Road at Fleche Wallonne
ProCycling: 72nd Fleche Wallonne - Reports & Photos

No comments: