Thursday, April 24, 2008

2008 Tour de Georgia - Stage 4 - TTT


GREAT DAY TODAY! And the picture above says so much! I was glued to the TTT today. The guys at work picked on me a lot today but the meeting got delayed until the race was over, how sweet was that??? (For those thinking that watching was such a no-no today, feel free to share your home number, I'd be happy to call you when I'm working one of my lovely 80 hour weeks. LOL!)

I could not have been happier for the team. To see C and company fly over that line was totally awesome. And then it was nerve racking! Waiting to see what Astana and Team High Road would do, jeepers. And then to have Tom and C in the both chattin' away while Astana was on course - that rocked! The one dope announcing drove so many of us nuts today. Did he seriously forget Timmy was tied up in the ICU? Come on! The smack chat that went on was fun to watch. At PC we wanted them to stay in the booth and not give the other guy back his headset. (I don't think any of us like him.) I'm warming up a bit more to Nathon. His failed test here at Elk Grove last year was an appetite suppresent which I don't understand but at least he gets what the race is about.

Sitting here tonight I was thinking about Timmy Duggan and I wish I could do something more than send prayers. I decided it was time to make a donation to JustGoHarder. And I ordered coffee from them too. It is the least I can do and since Will has me becoming a coffee snob, giving theirs a try is easy to do. I encourage you all reading this to do the same. I kind of hope others will think to do the same. What a good way to show him support!!!

Once again Julie writes a recap way better than I ever will. Make sure to take a read on her entry - TdG Stage 4: Argyle Smile. The commentary she comments on truly was a load from "radio guy" as she has phrased it.

I talked to John tonight and can I just say that I so hope lunch next week doesn't get moved. He was there today, in a car on the track(!) and it was exciting to hear some tidbits!!! I can not wait for tomorrow's stage and Saturday - OH BOY! Oh, and yep, I'm working from home tomorrow so yahoo! Laptop for work up and running with personal laptop streaming the race. SWEET! I've gotten to talk to him about my bike too and, as it's silly, it makes me feel better (you know me, the one who knows nothing, he, the one who know a tad bit) that he thinks its a good one for me too!

Going through and reading up on the day, I have to wonder - does Zabriskie have a Yiddish word for Argyle Kick Ass?


Rory Sutherland: A racer's race
VN TV: Stage 3 pre-race George Hincapie
VN TV: Stage 3 pre-race Chris Horner
VN TV: Stage 3 pre-race Rory Sutherland

Ian MacGregor: Thursday morning Timmy update
Tyler Farrar: Georgia podium finally!
Jonathan Vaughters: To suffer is the currency of racing
Slipstream: Official Timmy update

VN TV: Stage 3 post race Tyler Farrar
VN TV: No TT Bikes
VN TV: Stage 4 pre-race George Hincapie

Live Reports: CN, PC, VN

Stage 4 - April 24: Road Atlanta (TTT), 10mi/16.1km
Results
1 Trent Lowe (Aus) Slipstream Chipotle p/b H30 19.36.86 (49.285 km/h)
2 Christian Vande Velde (USA) Slipstream Chipotle p/b H30
3 David Zabriskie (USA) Slipstream Chipotle p/b H30
4 Thomas Danielson (USA) Slipstream Chipotle p/b H30
5 Chris Horner (USA) Astana 0.03.41
6 Levi Leipheimer (USA) Astana
10 George Hincapie (USA) Team High Road 0.05.20
17 Bobby Julich (USA) Team CSC 0.12.72
20 Jason McCartney (USA) Team CSC
21 Danny Pate (USA) Slipstream Chipotle p/b H30 0.21.69
29 Scott Nydam (USA) BMC Racing Team 0.31.65
38 Rory Sutherland (Aus) Health Net p/b Maxxis 0.40.86
48 Michael Creed (USA) Rock Racing 0.52.35
49 Tyler Hamilton (USA) Rock Racing
89 Bryce Mead (USA) Jelly Belly Cycling Team 1.28.14
90 Fred Rodriguez (USA) Rock Racing 1.29.52
95 Lucas Euser (USA) Slipstream Chipotle p/b H30 1.54.63
96 Tyler Farrar (USA) Slipstream Chipotle p/b H30
General classification after stage 4
1 Gregory Henderson (NZl) Team High Road 11.17.59
3 David Zabriskie (USA) Slipstream Chipotle p/b H30 0.15
4 Thomas Danielson (USA) Slipstream Chipotle p/b H30
5 Christian Vande Velde (USA) Slipstream Chipotle p/b H30
6 Trent Lowe (Aus) Slipstream Chipotle p/b H30
8 Levi Leipheimer (USA) Astana 0.19
9 Chris Horner (USA) Astana
12 George Hincapie (USA) Team High Road 0.21
16 Bobby Julich (USA) Team CSC 0.28
19 Jason McCartney (USA) Team CSC
21 Danny Pate (USA) Slipstream Chipotle p/b H30 0.37
24 Scott Nydam (USA) BMC Racing Team 0.46
42 Tyler Hamilton (USA) Rock Racing 1.08
43 Michael Creed (USA) Rock Racing
65 Fred Rodriguez (USA) Rock Racing 1.45
67 Rory Sutherland (Aus) Health Net p/b Maxxis 1.56
69 Tyler Farrar (USA) Slipstream Chipotle p/b H30 1.58
100 Lucas Euser (USA) Slipstream Chipotle p/b H30 5.24
116 Bryce Mead (USA) Jelly Belly Cycling Team 15.46


Ian MacGregor: Slipstream TTT with Timmy on their mind
Slipstream: Argyle takes team time trial!
JV: This win's for Timmy!
Slipstream: Lowe Best Young Rider, Farrar Poiints Leader, & SS/Chipotle H30 top team overall
Spare Cycles: Stage 4: Slipstream
Felt:
Slipstream wins Stage 4 TTT in Georgia!

Make sure to check out Road again. They've got Papa Georgio, JV, and Tom Danielson. I was bummed they didn't have another fun one with DZ but there's tomorrow for hope!

VN TV:
Stage 4 post race Bobby Julich
VN TV:
Stage 4 post race Tom Danielson
- Have to laugh with the comments about JV's comments to the guys during the race after hearing C say he pulled his radio before the stage. Love the "Just Go Harder" stickers on the back of the seat posts! A little HTFU mojo going!!!

3 comments:

Julie said...

Aww, Nikki, you do just fine, and you are the linking queen! :-)

Timmy and Ian have such a sweet story, I was thinking about making a donation too!

Julie said...

Speaking of links, thanks for the tip on the Road videos, LMAO! DZ became my new quote of the day!

Nikki said...

I'm glad you laughed as much and probably even harder than I did with the videos. I just love him. If I find time I might go back and do direct links to the Road vidoe's in previous postings but we'll see.

I wish I had a good reason for all the links but I really don't. I read (a lot) and it's kind of nice to have the small place for reference. I know I hate to "copy" what's been said and done but love sharing so linking keeps all things in check and credit due to the right people - including you!