Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Tour de Georgia - Stage 2

Today was a hard day not to log in and try to watch some of the race, especially the last 2 laps. Slipstream went up front and I had to rely on PodiumCafe and CyclingNews live report to follow. Work is just too hectic right now but popping in for quick reads is working, for now.

Tonight I'm watching the rerun on WCSN and as much of a hassle CTV can be at times to get into for some, the coverage is generally always pretty good. WCSN is choppy to say the least and these two talking aren't focused on this race right now. Add in coverage drops and it's just a blast - not. Nathon's test results at Elk Grove last year (if memory serves right) would've knocked him off the podium and Meatball into first. It was an appetite suppressant but still.

Hope to read Julie's take on the stages. She's always does a great job and is a complete joy to read. Have a good night all! More racing tomorrow!


Rory Sutherland: Guess who's back, back again
The Durango Herald: Locals open Tour de Georgia
TDG Blog: So why was Danielson in the break?

VN Videos: Pre-race Levi Leipheimer
VN Videos: Pre-race Christian VandeVelde
VN Videos: Pre-race Tyler Farrar
VN Videos: Pre-race Freddie Rodriguez

Road again has great videos and I am convinced there are no ways to get a direct link. If anyone knows how, please share. They've got Levi, DZ - always funny, and Fast Freddie

Stage 2 - April 22: Statesboro - Augusta, 116.9mi/188.1km
Results
1 Juan José Haedo (Arg) Team CSC 4.32.35 (41.403 km/h)
4 Tyler Farrar (USA) Slipstream Chipotle p/b H30
8 Fred Rodriguez (USA) Rock Racing
25 George Hincapie (USA) Team High Road
34 Chris Horner (USA) Astana
35 Danny Pate (USA) Slipstream Chipotle p/b H30
37 Trent Lowe (Aus) Slipstream Chipotle p/b H30
40 Thomas Danielson (USA) Slipstream Chipotle p/b H30
50 Tyler Hamilton (USA) Rock Racing
55 Lucas Euser (USA) Slipstream Chipotle p/b H30
56 Scott Nydam (USA) BMC Racing Team
57 Bobby Julich (USA) Team CSC
77 Jason McCartney (USA) Team CSC
82 Christian Vande Velde (USA) Slipstream Chipotle p/b H30
90 Levi Leipheimer (USA) Astana
97 Rory Sutherland (Aus) Health Net p/b Maxxis
100 David Zabriskie (USA) Slipstream Chipotle p/b H30
102 Michael Creed (USA) Rock Racing
117 Timothy Duggan (USA) Slipstream Chipotle p/b H30 7.38
118 Bryce Mead (USA) Jelly Belly Cycling Team 9.04
General classification after stage 2
1 Ivan Dominguez (Cub) Toyota - United Pro Cycling Team 7.02.39
5 Tyler Farrar (USA) Slipstream Chipotle p/b H30 0.06
9 Scott Nydam (USA) BMC Racing Team 0.13
27 Chris Horner (USA) Astana 0.14
32 Fred Rodriguez (USA) Rock Racing
36 George Hincapie (USA) Team High Road
39 Thomas Danielson (USA) Slipstream Chipotle p/b H30
43 Danny Pate (USA) Slipstream Chipotle p/b H30
47 Tyler Hamilton (USA) Rock Racing
51 Trent Lowe (Aus) Slipstream Chipotle p/b H30
57 Bobby Julich (USA) Team CSC
61 Levi Leipheimer (USA) Astana
64 Christian Vande Velde (USA) Slipstream Chipotle p/b H30
74 Jason McCartney (USA) Team CSC
77 Lucas Euser (USA) Slipstream Chipotle p/b H30
102 David Zabriskie (USA) Slipstream Chipotle p/b H30
107 Rory Sutherland (Aus) Health Net p/b Maxxis
108 Michael Creed (USA) Rock Racing
117 Timothy Duggan (USA) Slipstream Chipotle p/b H30 7.52
119 Bryce Mead (USA) Jelly Belly Cycling Team 9.16


Slipstream Twitter: "Gringo Grande" as Tyler was known as by the Cuban teams at the Tour of Bahamas has gotten another 5 seconds in bonus.
Slipstream: Farrar 4th in sprint, tied up in Best Young Rider race
Spare Cycles: Stage 2 Journal

Unrelated to TOG but a cute shout out to Christian - Whitnall Park Criterium I have looked for his past Track stuff with little luck. He certainly had great success on the track and he's been awesome to follow on the road since.

4 comments:

Nads said...

Great to see Slipstream has a team memeber in the top three, go Tyler.

I always say the more to share the pain, I mean fun, the better.

Wisey needs to come home! I knew he couldn't handle taking care of him and that worried me when he took him. I think he did just to spite you.

Erik W. Laursen said...

I must say, and this is terrible, but I just don't care about Toyota United. They are a great team with super riders, they have been in the spotlight domestically, and I really just want the Burrito Team to take everything. Get off the podium Toyota, you bore me.

Nads said...

Okay I knew they were sponsered by Chipotle, but I never thought to call them the Burrito Team, I love it. Nik we must refer to them as the Burrito Team from now on. I have been listening to those goofy Chipotle commericals to much and now I got that song stuck in my head "hey hey burrito lady, you drive me crazy".

Sorry couldn't resist.

Nikki said...

GG you crack me up. Work is, well lets just say, "it" and "is" and leave it at that for the moment.

Erik I have to agree that TU does little for me either.

Race today will suck to watch tonight (crappy coverage) but Tyler did get 3rd!!!

I will post later. 2 races today to follow and meetings all over the place... Can I fit in hours upon hours of racing tonight? Oh well of course, not like I sleep. :-)

Must get out soon to go p/u bike! Oh and I think I'm going with the Schwinn (okay that still does not sound right) but brief chat with John made me feel much better about it.