Sunday, April 27, 2008

2008 Tour de Georgia - Final

What a day!!! After all the woulda, coulda, shoulda's flew yesterday it all comes down to this - Trent Lowe rode a great ride up Brasstown Bald and he finished 2nd overall on the Tour de Georgia! He also earned the Best Young Rider Jersey. I say "Way to go guys!" 1st place would've been sweet but you know what, they busted ass this week and I'm so proud of them!!!

I like Levi and I have to say he is pulling at heart strings with how professional he is. He is a great rider and a good person and I hope those that dislike him at least give him that. I congratulate all three on the podium today! Jobs very well done and amazing teamwork all around!!!

Today's stage was stressful. I say that as the coverage just sucked this week that WCSN had. To see bits and pieces of the race and then not even the entire last lap. Awful!!! Glad I didn't pay to not watch it! I will be very curious to see what Versus does next weekend with the coverage although if it's like today's, they'll just add more commercials to fill in the gaps! I might be a snob on the coverage as I watch as much (on weekends) live as I can and then to see crappy commercial filled recaps later just doesn't compare. But then again Versus IS busy with golf, bowling, bull riding, and fishing to give two craps to anything other than the Tour. (Oops did I type that?)

High Road won the stage today and big cheers for them! I love George (probably always will) so to see his team have success isn't hard to take. Tyler finished in the top 10 on the stage and I hope they entire team is very proud of the work they did this entire week. And congratulations to Christian on 7th overall!

I'm slightly happy for a brief break in racing for a bit. I will be glued to races Mike and Will and company will all be in coming up but hopefully by then work will be in it's proper place. :-) If I get some time this week, I'll update with pics that will show up tomorrow and anymore videos I find. Until then enjoy...

Rory Sutherland: The bald
Ian MacGregor: The Latest
Bicycling: Sivtsov Sneaks Into Lead
VN TV: Stage 6 post race: Levi Leipheimer
VN TV: Stage 6 post race: Trent Lowe

ROAD: Pre-race Levi Leipheimer - damn whipper snappers :-), Chris Horner - 2 dogs fighting over the bone and a 3rd jumps in and grabs it..., Tim Johnson, and I'm putting this one here as DZ just cracks me up! - DZ pre-race Stage 5
VN TV:
Stage 7 pre-race: Christian VandeVelde, Rory Southerland
TBR: Jonathan Vaughters, Levi Leipheimer

One more reason to love argyle - "A special detour before stage 7"

Live Chat: CN, PC, VN

Stage 7 - April 27: Atlanta circuit race, 62.7mi/100.9km
Results
1 Gregory Henderson (NZl) Team High Road 2.23.53 (42.075 km/h)
4 Fred Rodriguez (USA) Rock Racing
6 Tyler Farrar (USA) Slipstream Chipotle p/b H30
13 Chris Horner (USA) Astana
15 Levi Leipheimer (USA) Astana
22 Trent Lowe (Aus) Slipstream Chipotle p/b H30
23 Rory Sutherland (Aus) Health Net p/b Maxxis
27 Scott Nydam (USA) BMC Racing Team
34 Christian Vande Velde (USA) Slipstream Chipotle p/b H30
40 Bobby Julich (USA) Team CSC
48 Danny Pate (USA) Slipstream Chipotle p/b H30
53 Tyler Hamilton (USA) Rock Racing
56 Thomas Danielson (USA) Slipstream Chipotle p/b H30
58 Jason McCartney (USA) Team CSC
59 George Hincapie (USA) Team High Road
68 David Zabriskie (USA) Slipstream Chipotle p/b H30
87 Lucas Euser (USA) Slipstream Chipotle p/b H30 1.08
95 Bryce Mead (USA) Jelly Belly Cycling Team 1.49
Final General classification
1 Kanstantin Siutsou (Blr) Team High Road 22.44.44
2 Trent Lowe (Aus) Slipstream Chipotle p/b H30 0.04
3 Levi Leipheimer (USA) Astana 0.14
7 Christian Vande Velde (USA) Slipstream Chipotle p/b H30 1.32
9 Rory Sutherland (Aus) Health Net p/b Maxxis 2.08
10 Bobby Julich (USA) Team CSC 2.31
12 Scott Nydam (USA) BMC Racing Team 2.49
13 George Hincapie (USA) Team High Road 3.19
28 Chris Horner (USA) Astana 5.33
38 David Zabriskie (USA) Slipstream Chipotle p/b H30 8.51
40 Jason McCartney (USA) Team CSC 10.02
43 Thomas Danielson (USA) Slipstream Chipotle p/b H30 11.35
62 Fred Rodriguez (USA) Rock Racing 24.21
65 Danny Pate (USA) Slipstream Chipotle p/b H30 24.56
89 Tyler Farrar (USA) Slipstream Chipotle p/b H30 39.05
92 Tyler Hamilton (USA) Rock Racing 41.32
93 Lucas Euser (USA) Slipstream Chipotle p/b H30 43.06
98 Bryce Mead (USA) Jelly Belly Cycling Team 1.16.33

Points classification
1 Gregory Henderson (NZl) Team High Road 53 pts
2 Tyler Farrar (USA) Slipstream Chipotle p/b H30 35
3 Andrew Pinfold (Can) Symmetrics Cycling Team 28
Mountains classification
1 Jason McCartney (USA) Team CSC 18 pts
Young rider classification
1 Trent Lowe (Aus) Slipstream Chipotle p/b H30 22.44.48

Slipstream: Lowe Best Young and 2nd overall
Timmy Duggan:
One of those race days I'd just as soon forget
TBR:
Greg Henderson
SpareCycles:
Stage 7 Journal
DP:
TdG - Stage 7
Spinnin'Wheel:
All In The Family

Rory Sutherland: Getting it done
You know I already like following him so I have to plug his new website - www.justrory.com
I hope you check it out and read up on him! I for one can't wait for the audio to be going on the slang page!

A cute shot of some protection after 2 team cars collided earlier in the week.

VN TV: Post race Stage 7: Trent Lowe, Freddie Rodriguez, Levi Leipheimer, and Tom Danielson

5 comments:

Nads said...

I'm off to bed girl, but I hope you enjoyed your cold ride today. I need to move an appointment around for this Sunday so we can be back out and check out that new trail.

Talk to you in the morning.

Julie said...

Bed, what a concept. I'm going, really, but just one more thing...have you seen George's IPhone photos at his website? Too freakin' adorable, esp. "George and Christian getting ready to do some hot tubbin'," George and Zabriskie getting coffee, and of course PAPA and Julia (see, I can't help but use it there!)

http://www.georgehincapie.com/gallery/

Nikki said...

Hey you two! I only wish I was sleeping. I am truly headed there soon but, well the excuses are endless so nevermind.

Julie - I love his iphone pics. I actually sent the link to John the other day. And my comments in the email were similar with an addition of "how many of G's friends does that little cute thing have wrapped around her finger?" Too cute she is!

Nads said...

No update since Sunday your slacking girl. Just had a few secs before the next fire will need to be put yout today so thought I would read up but nothing new :(.

Hope you are having a good morning.

Nikki said...

Hi You!
Busy Busy as you can so relate to. Long day today but I'll let you read it and give you a buzz later. Tomorrow's all about month end for me, showing a contractor an issue I've given up on, a work out, racing, and getting my care package bday goodies ready for John to take to Girona for me on Friday. Fun stuff!