Friday, June 13, 2008

Dauphine Libere - Stage 5

So my funk is gone I had on Wednesday and today's stage was pretty good! Work had priorities and ctv again was a struggle to get into so I watched it tonight. Good stuff. Levi lost some time which wasn't fun to watch. He kept looking like he would catch back on for a bit and then that was it. In his interview later he said he just wasn't 100% and sounds like he kept his tempo he needed to not to totally blow. Hopefully we get to see him come back tomorrow. :-) Cadel is impressing me more this year. I'm not sure if it's seeing him go on more of an attacking style or what for sure but I like it.

I can't wait for tomorrow's stage but I'm going to miss most of it until later in the day. I am going to a meeting for the 2016 Olympics in the morning that I want to check out. I know, I know, it's 8 years away but I am pretty excited about it possibly being right here. With that possibility I am really interested in volunteering and even seeing what I can do to get involved at work with it as if it is here, I'm sure we'll be a big sponsor. I always love the Olympics and to be involved would be thrilling. I'm really hoping it happens and that I can totally check out the cycling! I am so going to pray John helps take care of me! Tee hee!

A lot of racing is going on right now. And another starts tomorrow that I get to watch. Plus I'm trying to keep tabs on what Will's doing (Delta Tour). And Mike and Brad have their Olympic Trials on the track this weekend. Tons of great stuff to watch, read, and indulge in! I need to plug Lyne's site too - Podium In Sight. If you're like me and love following domestic races, she is SO the person you want to read from. She's great and keeps us up to speed really well. Make sure to check out all the links I've got to her site. She really is that great and so worth the time to read from! And huge cheers for Team Type 1 in the Race Across America! Make sure to cheer for them if they pass by!!!

VN: U.S. Olympic road hopefuls awaiting selection to Beijing
VN: Michael Barry's Diary - A homecoming at the Dauphine
Bicycling: 30 Defining Tour de France Moments
CW: Analysis: Who's going to win the Dauphine?

Live Chatter: CN - DP - PdC

Stage 5 - June 13: Ville-La-Grand - Morzine, 125km
Results
1 Iouri Trofimov (Rus) Bouygues Telecom 3.07.46 (39.943 km/h)
2
Cadel Evans (Aus) Silence-Lotto 0.18
9
Levi Leipheimer (USA) Astana 1.24
10
Michael Rogers (Aus) High Road
18 Lars Bak (Den) Team CSC 2.13
23 Carlos Sastre (Spa) Team CSC
29
George Hincapie (USA) High Road 3.09
42 Nicki Sørensen (Den) Team CSC 4.06
56 Michael Barry (Can) High Road 6.07
60 Craig Lewis (USA) High Road 6.21
71 Thomas Voeckler (Fra) Bouygues Telecom 10.23
72 Chris Anker Sørensen (Den) Team CSC 11.31
98 Thor Hushovd (Nor) Crédit Agricole 15.54
102 Karsten Kroon (Ned) Team CSC
General classification after stage 5
1
Alejandro Valverde (Spa) Caisse d'Epargne 17.57.50
2 Cadel Evans (Aus) Silence-Lotto 0.37
3 Levi Leipheimer (USA) Astana 1.29
13 Michael Rogers (Aus) High Road 4.35
14 Lars Bak (Den) Team CSC 4.38
20 Carlos Sastre (Spa) Team CSC 6.08
34 George Hincapie (USA) High Road 8.50
42 Nicki Sørensen (Den) Team CSC 10.35
53 Craig Lewis (USA) High Road 13.39
57 Michael Barry (Can) High Road 15.13
72 Thomas Voeckler (Fra) Bouygues Telecom 23.14
77 Chris Anker Sørensen (Den) Team CSC 25.27
98 Karsten Kroon (Ned) Team CSC 34.19
101 Thor Hushovd (Nor) Crédit Agricole 35.08

TeamCSC: Cuesta on the Attack
Astana_CMehl: Valverde Confirms on Joux-Plane
VN: A conversation wtih Levi Leipheimer: "I just had a bad moment"
CW: Trofimov triumphs in Dauphine, but Valverde still leads
CW: Dauphine Stage 5 Analysis: Winners and Losers
BikeRadar: Dauphine 5: Youry Trofimov takes mountain stage

GrahamWatsonPhotos:
Stage 5
Astana Photos: Stage 5

More Reads:
Slipstream: Delta Tour prologue: Sutton 5th and Maaskant 6th; Dean last but unharmed
Slipstream_DanMartin: Portugal Premiere
PodiumInSight: Tuft wins TT and takes yellow at Tour de Beauce
Slipstream: GP Correios stage 2: Martin 5th in hard mountain stage, 8th overall
Slipstream_DanMartin: My endless supply of ammunition
TheCaliRadoCyclist: A Thousand Words

No comments: