Thursday, February 28, 2008

Inspiration

I recieved an email that included a link to a pretty motivational Oprah episode that was a shortened version of a lecture done I believe back in September 2007 by Randy Pausch. The video hit a couple cords with me and this man's drive to living life to the fullest is a reminder of things we talk about all the time and still quickly find forgetting. His full lecture at Carnegie Mellon is located on YouTube: Randy Pausch's Last Lecture.

The item of the elephant in the room reminds me that I need to finish a book and the belief to have fun is something that is just really important to remember to do in life. I love following the guys in cycling but as with them, or any sport, or things your passionate about, if you're not having some fun while doing what you love, then seriously, what is the point?!? The Oprah clip is about 11 minutes long and I think the full lecture is just over an hour. I hope you find the time to take a look. I highly doubt you would be sorry you did.

These are two statements that stood out for me and can pretty much sum up so many of lifes choices and lessons lived... "Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want." "Brick Walls are there for a reason: They let us prove how badly we want things."

1 comment:

Nads said...

I am about to leave work and have some fun myself. Yipee for year end being done!!!!!

I won't have to think about work for two whole days.

Call me if you still want to do something on Sunday.